Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Lotion has become my best friend


It took three weeks before my hands became chapped, grey (gray) and bleeding. Arizona is dry but Denver is a whole other Enchilada (smothered). My partner is from the middle east and I thought my biracial skin was dry but his is intense. I have been experimenting with hand creams to survive Denver weather for four years now and I have finally found three that work for my skin, one that works for my partners and another that has to be the worst hand lotion for the mile high city (in my opinion).



(excuse the manicure as nails are not my forte)

#1! L'Occitane hand cream has to be the best hand cream for this weather by far. This is the only hand cream where my partner's hand don't bleed and the moisture lasts half the day. For myself, the moisture lasts a bit longer than him but when I can afford it this is my go to.

#2. I love EOS products because they are inexpensive, nice packaging and they work! This hand cream was a pleasant surprise but I have tried their shave cream and lip balm and I must say their product line works great for my skin. I rank this one two because I find myself applying this one at least three times versus L'Occitane (just twice). 
#3. Tony Moly. I saw this at Urban Outfitters and was intrigued by the packaging, however, it is really moisturizing! My favorite is the peach because it smells great, moisturizes and is a great conversation starter. Trust me. Whenever this is on my desk people ask me "umm what is that" or I get certain looks. As a social worker there is no greater joy than to observe human behavior and this hand lotion benefits my humor and skin! Its also price friendly :) oh and my partner loves it but wouldn't dare carry around a peach in his backpack. 

L'Occitane Gel hand cream. This product may work well in other areas of the world but for Denver, CO I would not recommend to my worst enemy although I don't have a worst enemy but I digress. As wonderful a brand L'Occitane is this one actually dried out my and my partners hands which in Denver is a no no. So for those of you who suffer from dry hands you can knock yourself out and try or consider not because not only do your hands look awful they burn. 


There a million hand creams to review and I have tried over 50 but I wanted to showcase my most memorable experiences. I don't really know if my skin tends to lean more on the European side or Mexican side but there is both so I can't just go willy nilly with product. Its all trial and error.

No comments:

Post a Comment