Monday, December 22, 2014

Grief and Loss: Can you grieve a bird?

Last May my partner convinced me to invest in a pet lovebird because 
a. they are clean 
b. easy to care for 
c.a diversion from getting another dog. 

I met Flona in May and instantly became attached to her. She did not share my admiration in the beginning but after hard work and constant bonding we were bonded. She was always with me and I was always with her. She sang Beyonce and Selena songs with me and watched as I danced around my small apartment. She passed away last Tuesday and I am still so so sad. 
                                                  





I will forever miss how she watched me intimately apply my makeup, how she would "braid" my hair and most of all I will miss her singing. So can you grieve a bird? I say hell yes and call me llorona chillona but I miss my Flona forever.




No comments:

Post a Comment